- MoD could be set to order £228million super missiles to protect Falklands
- They would replace ageing Rapier missile batteries stationed on the island
- New missiles would be able to travel at 1,000 metres per second
- Comes after reports Argentina is looking to strengthen its air force
- MoD say they remain vigilant and committed to the Falkland Islands
The Ministry of Defence are to order £228million of super missiles to protect the Falklands as Argentina seeks to bolster its air force, it has been reported.
The British territory in the South Atlantic is currently protected by ageing Rapier missile batteries.
Last month, it was reported that Argentina was looking to strengthen its air force by leasing attack jets from Russia. Continue reading
Tag Archives: territory dispute
US should be worried about China’s artificial island: expert
Vassily Kashin, a Russian defense expert from the Moscow-based Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, says the amount of money spent by China to build an artificial island in a disputed part of the South China Sea is enough to build a brand-new nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, according to the Voice of Russia. Continue reading