Gundremmingen plant in southern Germany was found to be riddled with computer viruses, including those which would allow attackers remote access to equipment for moving nuclear fuel rods.
Viruses, known as W32.Ramnit and Conficker, were discovered at the plant, which is located 75 miles northwest of Munich.
W32.Ramnit has the potential to give an attacker remote control over a system when it is connected to the internet and is also designed to steal files from infected computers. Continue reading
Terrorist groups are more capable than ever. The unthinkable could already be unavoidable.
Since 9/11 the world has become used to periodic warnings about nuclear terrorism. We don’t like to think about it, and it has become easy to dismiss. People have been talking about this for years and it’s not happened, we reason.
After all, conducting a nuclear attack is hard. But the world is just waking up to the fact that it is faced with attack from terrorist groups of unprecedented strength.
- In the last two decades, Belgium has become the hub of jihad in Europe. The district of Molenbeek in Brussels is now a foreign Islamist territory in the heart of Belgium. It is not, however, a lawless zone: sharia law has effectively replaced Belgian law.
- One of the organizers of the Paris bombings, Salah Abdeslam, was able to live peacefully in Molenbeek for four months until police decided to arrest him. Belgian police knew exactly where he was, but did nothing until French authorities asked them to. After his arrest, he was treated as a petty criminal. Police did not ask him anything about the jihadist networks with which he worked. Officers who interrogated him were ordered to be gentle. The people who hid him were not indicted.
- Europe’s leaders disseminated the idea that the West was guilty of oppressing Muslims. They therefore sowed the seeds of anti-Western resentment among Muslims in Europe.
- Hoping to please followers of radical Islam and show them Europe could understand their “grievances,” they placed pressure on Israel. When Europeans were attacked, they did not understand why. They had done their best to please the Muslims. They had not even harassed the jihadists.
The March 22 jihadist attacks in Brussels were predictable. What is surprising is that they did not take place sooner. What is also surprising is that more people were not killed. It seems that the authors of the attacks had larger projects in mind; they wanted to attack a nuclear power plant. Others may succeed in doing just that.
Of course a United States of Europe is hard to see, but it’s bound to happen because of the security threats Europe faces from Russia and the Middle East. America’s suiciding of itself is making it an unstable protectorate and partner, which is also accelerating the problem and causing Europe to scramble for a solution.
Member states of a United States of Europe of course will not get along as in the United States of America. There is however one thing that people are missing, and for that we look to what was prophesied in the Bible, in Daniel 2:
33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.
36 “This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king. 37 Your Majesty, you are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; 38 in your hands he has placed all mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds in the sky. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.
39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.
Is this exactly what’s going to happen? We don’t know for certain, but it would certainly fit the description as Europe has so much in-fighting among member states and there is no other region in the world at this moment in time that is considering (and needs) such a unification. A unified Europe, or United States of Europe, would be the only solution to ward off its external problems as America fades away. Because of the national differences, be it economic, political or social, it would be a mix of iron and clay indeed.
Don’t keep your eyes off God’s bigger picture.
Part of the crisis in the EU is the fact that there is an inherent anti-democratic foundation because Brussels has been attempting to force uniformity upon all of Europe which cannot possibly work. To the shock of some, I have stated many times that what made America function was DISCRIMINATION. Every group coming to America — German, Italian, French, or whatever — were forced to learn to speak English to get a job. This was not a law, but a cultural assimilation. If you ask an American what they are, they will respond with their ethnic background (half Irish and half German or whatever). You do not find such combinations in Europe beyond the rare encounter because language has kept European nations intact. Continue reading
PARIS (AP) — The Islamic State group has trained at least 400 fighters to target Europe in deadly waves of attacks, deploying interlocking terror cells like the ones that struck Brussels and Paris with orders to choose the time, place and method for maximum carnage, The Associated Press has learned.
The network of agile and semiautonomous cells shows the reach of the extremist group in Europe even as it loses ground in Syria and Iraq. The officials, including European and Iraqi intelligence officials and a French lawmaker who follows the jihadi networks, described camps in Syria, Iraq and possibly the former Soviet bloc where attackers are trained to attack the West. Before being killed in a police raid, the ringleader of the Nov. 13 Paris attacks claimed to have entered Europe in a multinational group of 90 fighters, who scattered “more or less everywhere.” Continue reading
Longtime readers of this site will recall the many warnings throughout the years of Europe taking an extreme political and social right turn due to islamic terrorism. It appears the time has come where that push will be made, although, and hopefully it’s a wrong assessment, but the worst is yet to come. Europe will experience its own 9/11, or worse, and that will be the catalyst. Europe, home to the world’s most bloodiest wars, will see war again. Could what’s coming be the Biblicaly prophesied “push” referred to in Daniel 11, in the King of the North vs. the King of the South scenario? Only time will tell, but Europe’s powerhouse, Germany, is indeed building an EU Army while NATO is doing nothing and remains unprepared for war.
Updates will roll in as they come, as necessary.
- Shouts ‘in Arabic’ heard before two explosions went off near the American Airlines check-in desk at 8am (7am GMT)
- Terrified passengers covered in blood ran for their lives after explosion sent ‘shockwaves’ through terminal building
- Reports of another explosion at a Metro station near the EU headquarters in the Maelbeek area of central Brussels
- Evacuated passengers are being ferried onto buses and are being driven to a ‘crisis centre’ away from the airport
- Comes a day after Belgium minister warned of revenge attacks after arrest of Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam
At least eleven people have died and several injured after two explosions rocked Brussels Airport in a suspected terror attack.
Witnesses described seeing ‘dismembered bodies everywhere’ after the blasts which are believed to have centred on the American Airlines check-in desk at around 8am (7am GMT).
There were reports that shouts in Arabic were heard in the building before the two explosion and shots were fired in the aftermath.
Around 90 minutes later, there were reports of another explosion at a Metro station near the EU headquarters in central Brussels. Continue reading