Remember when Putin “de-escalated” and promised the Russian forces were being pulled back from the Ukraine border? That didn’t last long. Fast forward 24 hours, when we learn that the very same Putin oversaw a military exercise involving Russia’s nuclear forces.
- AEROSPACE DEFENSE FORCES SUCCESSFULLY REBUFFED SIMULATED MASSIVE NUCLEAR MISSILE STRIKE DURING DRILLS – RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
- NORTHERN, PACIFIC OCEAN FLEET’S STRATEGIC SUBMARINES LAUNCH TWO BALLISTIC MISSILES AS PART OF ROUTINE TRAINING – DEFENSE MINISTRY
- RUSSIA LAUNCHES TOPOL ICBM, HITS KAMCHATKA TARGET
- RUSSIAN STRATEGIC OFFENSIVE, DEFENSIVE FORCES IN HIGH READINESS – PUTIN
- RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTER STATES PERMANENT READINESS OF NUCLEAR TRIAD – IFX
- RUSSIAN FORCES PRACTICE ROCKET FIRE – IFX
- TU-95MS BOMBER HITS GROUND TARGETS DURING EXERCISE IN WMD – IFX
Russia on Saturday ended a massive three-day nuclear war exercise involving 10,000 soldiers, as the worst East-West standoff since the Cold War continues.
The drill, which utilised over 30 military units and 1000 pieces of equipment, was to ensure that Russia’s Strategic Missile Forces are prepared to conduct offensive operations in the event of a massive and simultaneous international use of nuclear weapons. Continue reading
A large-scale military drill was ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin last week to intimidate a defiant Georgia for rejecting a Kremlin-proposed draft of a non-aggression pact that would recognize the runaway region of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Yet while the drill was going on in earnest, the Israelis attacked Iranian missiles inside Syria. Continue reading