Please see the source for audio/video of the sound.
- Sounds reported last night from Aberdeen to West Sussex to Devon
- Twitter users blamed meteors, fireworks, aliens and ‘the end of the world’
- A woman in south London managed to record the mysterious bangs
- Now an expert says the noises sound like a ‘pulse detonation engine’
- Dr Bhupendra Khandelwal is helping develop technology behind engines
- Conspiracy theorists say power source could be behind U.S. spy plane
- MoD said no aircraft scrambled; Met Office said unusual weather not cause
An expert claims the loud bangs which baffled Britons last night sounded like a type of experimental jet engine – which conspiracy theorists enjoy linking to a rumoured spy plane.
Dr Bhupendra Khandelwal added his comparison to a debate which began when hundreds of Twitter users from Aberdeen to Devon – and even New York – reported ‘explosions’ which shook windows and disturbed sleeping children at around 10pm. Continue reading