- President Maduro ‘ Venezuela will create a basket of currencies to free us from the dollar,”
- Oil traders ordered to stop accepting U.S. dollar in exchange for crude oil
- Order comes following calls from Russia and China to find alternatives to current reserve system
- U.S. Dollar accounts for two-thirds of global trade
- Venezuela has over ten-times more oil than United States
- Super powers are gradually turning to gold to avoid using world’s main reserve currency
- Are we seeing the beginning of the end for the U.S. dollar?
The oil-rich country of Venezuela has stopped accepting the U.S. Dollar as payment for oil.
Last week President Maduro warned that the country would this week ‘free’ itself from the US dollar. Continue reading