A general assembly of the international police organization (Interpol) meeting in Beijing Wednesday voted to accept as a member the “State of Palestine” – against Israeli opposition. The Palestine Liberation Organization said on Twitter that more than 75 percent of Interpol members voted to approve its membership. US and Israel efforts to prevent this failed. Continue reading
ASTANA (Sputnik) — Moscow hopes that Iran’s Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) membership process would be launched in June, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Friday. Continue reading
Two nations soon to be cemented in the anti-American camp as they join the SCO, a world-wide axis for war:
TASHKENT, May 24. /TASS/. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) foreign ministers will put up for consideration by the leaders of the member-states an issue of signing a memorandum on granting membership to India and Pakistan, Uzbekistan’s Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Kamilov said after a meeting of the SCO Council of Foreign Ministers on Tuesday.
– Euro is one recession away from implosion – David McWilliams
– Mismanagement of euro “both laughable and terrifying”
– “When economic negotiations stop making economic sense, you should begin to question the motives of the EU”
– Germany is out of control
– Successful British exit will be model for other countries
– Euro membership is now conditional
– “Countries that don’t play ball with Germany will see their banking system used against their democratically elected politicians”
– Investors and savers need “PLAN B”
McWilliams, who is among the best economics commentators from the only Anglophone nation in the euro – Ireland, warns that we only have a few months to plan an alternative to the disastrous consequences on peripheral nations of what he sees as German hegemony. Continue reading
According to sources quoted by the Financial Times, three American banks — Bank of America, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley — are “drawing up plans to move some London-based activities to Ireland to address concerns” the UK would leave the European Union after a referendum on EU membership to be held possibly in 2017.