This is an article that merits a lot of attention. It explains what Donald Trump is really up against: A renegade “Deep State” that does what it wants, regardless of who is President, and can outlast many presidencies.
For archiving purposes, the article will remain in full here.
- Donald Trump engages in war of words with outgoing CIA head
- Trump policies on trade, foreign policy depart from longstanding norms
- Past events point to policymaking powers beyond elected officials
- Russian relations a major sticking point between Trump, much of gov’t
- Aggressive stance towards China could result in enormous market volatility
Last Sunday, US president-elect Donald Trump launched one of his now-trademark series of broadsides against the CIA, claiming that the latest series of leaks concerning his alleged misuse of a Moscow hotel suite previously occupied by president Barack Obama was a “complete fraud”.
Trump then compared the US intelligence regime to Nazi Germany in a tweet that called the leak, which alleged various colourful activities involving prostitutes, “fake news […] one last shot at me”. Continue reading