FORMER Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi was holding secret talks to get his country out of the Eurozone FIVE YEARS AGO, according to a leading German economist.
Hans-Werner Sinn, former president of the German Ifo Institute for Economic Research, has painted a grim picture of the Italian economy and warned it faces a struggle to survive such a ‘catastrophic situation’.
He said Mr Berlusconi realised the Italian economy could not survive within the single currency back in the autumn of 2011 and saw no alternative to pulling out as quickly as possible. Continue reading
RELATIONS between Germany and Italy are set to hit breaking point, if Berlin’s steps in to rescue Deutsche Bank, after blocking Rome from doing the same earlier this year.
The leader has reportedly begged Germany to let him loan cash to Italy’s banks, as investors have increasingly lost confidence in the institutions, which are saddled with billions of pounds worth of bad loans.
In particular, Italy’s oldest bank Monte Dei Pasche has looked close to collapse several times this year, and Mr Renzi is still trying to secure a £4.2billion (€5bn) cash injection from investors for the lender. Continue reading
As part of Iran’s drive to rule the strategic waves of regional waters, Tehran has negotiated a naval exchange deal with Rome for its warships to be berthed in Italian ports, debkafile’s military sources reveal.
In this context, the US Pentagon and Navy chiefs once again urged Israel to update and enlarge its war fleet, which they said was “full of holes” to catch up with the rapidly changing conditions opposite its shores, where Russia, Iran and Egypt are building up armadas of warships that are bigger and more advanced than ever before. Continue reading
- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán is the Eastern nemesis of the European elite. No one else in Europe except him speaks about defending “Christianity.”
- “Those arriving have been raised in another religion, and represent a radically different culture. Most of them are not Christians, but Muslims … This is an important question, because Europe and the European identity is rooted in Christianity.” — Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán.
- The last chance to save Europe’s roots might well come from the former communist members of the EU — those who defeated the Ottomans in 1699 and now feel culturally threatened by their heirs.
- Cypriots know much better than the comfortable bureaucrats of Brussels the consequences of a cultural collision. Ask about their churches on the Turkish side of the island; how many of them are still standing?
Austria’s fate is now at stake.
Perhaps it was a coincidence that Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna and tipped to be the next Pope, chose September 12, the anniversary of the Siege of Vienna, when Turkey’s Ottoman troops nearly conquered Europe, to deliver a most dramatic appeal to save Europe’s Christian roots.
THE European Union appeared more fractured than ever today after a powerful group of eastern states laid down a series of demands over migration and the economy.
Members of the influential Visegrad group, which comprises of Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia, rejected migrant quotas and blasted the overbearing EU Commission with an incendiary ultimatum.
The group represents a faction of nations which have become increasingly concerned by authoritarian Brussels, with Poland and Hungary both locked in bitter legal battles with the EU.
The United States of Europe is underway and its complimenting European Army is under construction. You’re looking at quite possibly the world’s next superpower — all courtesy of Germany’s Fourth Reich. All this of course is made easier when you run two-thirds of the Troika and have pushed Great Britain out of the EU bloc. None of this would happen if America would stop suiciding itself into the dustbin of history and remain a reliable partner by standing its ground on the world stage.
Either way, yes, they’re back. If you’re looking for Nazis, you’re 70 years too late. The game plan has entered a new phase.
(Note: The article will remain in full for documentation purposes.)
“We are going to move towards an EU army much faster than people believe.”
- Critics say that the creation of a European army, a long-held goal of European federalists, would entail an unprecedented transfer of sovereignty from European nation states to unelected bureaucrats in Brussels, the de facto capital of the EU.
- Others say that efforts to move forward on European defense integration show that European leaders have learned little from Brexit, and are determined to continue their quest to build a European superstate regardless of opposition from large segments of the European public.
- “Those of us who have always warned about Europe’s defense ambitions have always been told not to worry… We’re always told not to worry about the next integration and then it happens. We’ve been too often conned before and we must not be conned again.” — Liam Fox, former British defense secretary.
- “[C]reation of EU defense structures, separate from NATO, will only lead to division between transatlantic partners at a time when solidarity is needed in the face of many difficult and dangerous threats to the democracies.” — Geoffrey Van Orden, UK Conservative Party defense spokesman.
European leaders are discussing “far-reaching proposals” to build a pan-European military, according to a French defense ministry document leaked to the German newspaper, the Süddeutsche Zeitung.
The efforts are part of plans to relaunch the European Union at celebrations in Rome next March marking the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome, which established the European Community. Continue reading
And guess where the focus is: The Middle East, where the Biblically prophesied King of the South (possibly Iran) just might reside. Who leads this? Germany’s Fourth Reich. France, as you’ve seen in years worth of previous posts on Global Geopolitics, including this one, only toes the dominant German line.
Furthermore, with America on its way out as a world superpower, we might be seeing the rise of another via Germany and its collection of subordinate vassal states, which could also as a whole turn into the Biblically prophesied King of the North. This new incoming bloc at the moment is referred to as the United States of Europe. Only time will tell how God chooses to let this play out.
Germany and France have drawn up plans for closer EU defence cooperation, including a new military HQ and swifter deployment of overseas missions.
The ideas were outlined by the two countries’ defence ministers, Ursula Von der Leyen and Jean-Yves Le Drian, in a six-page paper sent to the EU foreign service on Sunday (11 September) and seen by German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung and French daily Le Figaro.
The Franco-German paper says, according to Le Figaro, that “in the context of a deteriorating security environment … it is high time to reinforce our solidarity and European defence capabilities in order to more effectively protect the citizens and borders of Europe”. Continue reading
Whatever Mogherini wants to label it, be it a ‘rapid reaction force’ or some sort of defensive military aparatus, it’s still a European Army. Great Britain’s departure has left no more obstacles in the way for the Brussels-Berlin axis. If you recall, Dutch paratroopers are now under German command.
The HQ proposal is one of four “priority” proposals she will present to European Union governments in the aftermath of Britain’s vote to leave the bloc, she told Italian daily La Repubblica in an interview published Thursday.
While insisting she was not proposing an EU army, Mogherini said Britain’s impending departure had left other EU governments with no excuse for not moving forward on giving the EU a defence capacity, a goal long-cherished by Euro federalists but resisted by London. Continue reading
Last year’s mass influx of refugees from Syria and Iraq triggered a series of security, social and political troubles throughout Europe, reaching as far as Sweden.
But while the refugee numbers have been reduced, major nations such as Germany and Italy face new problems. Continue reading
A THIRD of jobless Italians gave up looking for work at the start of the year, amid rising fears for Italy’s economy.
A whopping 37.1 per cent of unemployed Italians joined the ranks of those who have stopped looking for a job altogether between the last three months of 2015 and the first quarter of 2016, according to Eurostat data.
The number of those now classed as inactive is double the European average of 18.9 per cent.
- In one generation, Europe will be unrecognizable.
- Eastern Europe now has “the largest population loss in modern history”, while Germany overtook Japan by having the world’s lowest birth rate.
- Europe, as it is aging, no longer renews its generations, and instead welcomes massive numbers of migrants from the Middle East, Africa and Asia, who are going to replace the native Europeans, and who are bringing cultures with radically different values about sex, science, political power, culture, economy and the relation between God and man.
Deaths that exceed births might sound like science fiction, but they are now Europe’s reality. It just happened. During 2015, 5.1 million babies were born in the EU, while 5.2 million persons died, meaning that the EU for the first time in modern history recorded a negative natural change in its population. The numbers come from Eurostat (the statistical office of the European Union), which since 1961 has been counting Europe’s population. It is official.
The leaders of Germany, France and Italy will meet on Monday to discuss how to keep the European project together in the second set of talks between the premiers of the euro zone’s three largest economies since Britain’s shock vote to leave the bloc. Continue reading
It’s a backwards world when you have to have more of what caused the crisis in the first place to ‘fix’ the problem.
ITALY’s financial crisis could bring down the entire eurozone unless the nation’s crumbling economy is allowed to rack up more debt.
Near the small central Italian holiday island Ventotene, the French, Italian and German leaders this week discussing pressing issues on a boat.
But each nation is worried they could soon be forced out of power, amid growing pressure on the European Union which major concerns over migration and the economy. Continue reading
- The attempts to deny any ancient and ongoing Jewish presence in Jerusalem, to say there was never a first let alone a second Temple and that only Muslims have any right to the whole city, its shrines and historical monuments, have reached insane proportions.
- Is this really what it boils down to? The Islamic State rules the international community? Including UNESCO?
- The world is outraged when it sees the stones of Palmyra tumble, or other great monuments of human civilization turn to dust. But that same world is silent when the Palestinian Arabs and their supporters Islamise everything by calling into question the very presence of the Jewish people in the Holy Land.
UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, is known throughout the world for the many places it designates as World Heritage Sites. There are more than one thousand of these, distributed unequally in many countries, with Italy at the top, followed by China.