Prior to the Democrats becoming the anti-American political party of Identity Politics, whites, blacks, and Puerto Ricans could laugh at themselves and at one another. Dean Martin turned a roast, in which good humored fun is poked at a prominent person, into mass entertainment. That blacks were equal opportunity targets was testimony to the success of black entertainers and athletes. In the humorless world of today, these roasts would be considered “hurtful,” “offensive,” and “hate crimes.” Continue reading
- “They are driving us out of the Middle East,” declared Pope Francis on returning from Turkey.
- “[I]t would be beautiful if all Islamic leaders, whether they are political, religious or academic leaders, would speak out clearly and condemn this because this would help the majority of Muslim people.” — Pope Francis, counseling Turkey’s president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- While this welcoming stance is in keeping with the fundamental beliefs of the Catholic faith, the Pope as the “Good Shepherd” has an obligation to protect his flock from the militants among the refugees.
- Within the Catholic Church, there also exists a sub-dominant counter-melody that warns about Islamic hostility to the values of Judeo-Christian civilization.
- Cardinal Sarah targets what he refers to as “Islam’s pseudo-family values which legitimize polygamy, female subservience, sexual slavery, and child marriage.”
- At some point, the Catholic Church might raise the issue of persecution of Christian minorities in Muslim-majority countries at international fora such as the United Nations. The Church also could publicly ask Muslims of good will to express their solidarity with the persecuted and request international organizations to intervene to protect Christians.
- Given the centuries of hostility between Christendom and dar-al-Islam (the World of Islam), the Vatican’s caution may be understandable, but is ill-advised and no longer tenable.
Perhaps, in the light of the harm dhimmitude can do to both civic life and faith, the Catholic Church might re-assess its stance toward Islam from one of friendly engagement to cautionary disengagement. As radical jihadists continue to martyr Christians throughout the world, such a re-evaluation of Islam by the Vatican seems appropriate. Continue reading
In fact, politicians, law enforcement officials and other authorities, reporters and media analysts do more than just ignore the racial component. Often they flatly deny it, even to the point of lying about it.
This is what makes the book White Girl Bleed a Lot, by award-winning author Colin Flaherty, such an astonishing read. It thoroughly documents what is nothing less than the modern rise of the race riot in America: dozens upon dozens of dozens of events with a clear racial component, many of them black-on-white or black-on-other-race assaults punctuated by blatantly racist hate speech.
What makes it even more astonishing, though, is the prevalence of officials brushing over or covering up the truth. They believe that simply acknowledging the undeniable racial aspect of these events is itself racist—apparently a bigger problem than the crimes themselves.
The sad truth is, this isn’t going away. It is growing. To pretend it is something other than what it is—race riots in America—is misguided and solves nothing.
“The dangers to the nation as a whole are an even bigger problem,” wrote Thomas Sowell in a review of Flaherty’s book. “The truth has a way of eventually coming out, in spite of media silence and politicians’ spin. If the truth becomes widely known, and a white backlash follows—turning one-way race riots into two-way race riots—then a cycle of revenge and counter-revenge can spiral out of control, as has already happened in too many other countries around the world.”
This is a racist bomb that has been building for years, decades, in this country. As Ayn Rand once said, “We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality.”
Full article: Ignoring the Race Riots Won’t Make Them Disappear (The Trumpet)
It takes just one spark to ignite a forest fire. The same can often be said for society-wide destruction and violence. In 1914, for example, Germany used the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand as an excuse to plunge the entire world into war. No one expected it at the time. There had been 40 years of relative peace in Western Europe. And yet, one isolated event in Sarajevo set off a devastating chain reaction that brought the whole world to its knees. Austria declared war on Serbia. Russia mobilized in support of the Serbs and declared war on Austria. Germany declared war on Russia—then France. And on and on it went.
In the case of the raging inferno prophesied to devour America’s biggest cities before Christ’s return, could the shooting death of Trayvon Martin be the spark that leads to chaos and anarchy on the streets of America?
Louis Farrakhan has promised retaliation. The New Black Panther Party offered a $10,000 bounty for the shooter, George Zimmerman. Black Panthers also distributed a “Wanted: Dead or Alive” poster for Zimmerman. Movie director Spike Lee re-tweeted Zimmerman’s home address to 250,000 followers. (It turned out to be the wrong address.) And the New York Times, Reuters and other news agencies even coined a new phrase to fabricate the white-on-black narrative that is central to the liberal agenda. Zimmerman isn’t Hispanic. He’s now a white Hispanic.
Even President Obama weighed in on the controversy by stressing the racial component to the story: “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” the president said.
The Justice Department, meanwhile, is assiduously searching for evidence of Zimmerman being a racist in the hope that it can charge him for a hate crime.
Full article: Will ‘Trayvon Martin’ Ignite Race Wars? (The Trumpet)