This is an article that merits a lot of attention. It explains what Donald Trump is really up against: A renegade “Deep State” that does what it wants, regardless of who is President, and can outlast many presidencies.
For archiving purposes, the article will remain in full here.
The tweet heard ’round the intelligence world.
- Donald Trump engages in war of words with outgoing CIA head
- Trump policies on trade, foreign policy depart from longstanding norms
- Past events point to policymaking powers beyond elected officials
- Russian relations a major sticking point between Trump, much of gov’t
- Aggressive stance towards China could result in enormous market volatility
Last Sunday, US president-elect Donald Trump launched one of his now-trademark series of broadsides against the CIA, claiming that the latest series of leaks concerning his alleged misuse of a Moscow hotel suite previously occupied by president Barack Obama was a “complete fraud”.
Trump then compared the US intelligence regime to Nazi Germany in a tweet that called the leak, which alleged various colourful activities involving prostitutes, “fake news […] one last shot at me”. Continue reading