FRESNO, Calif. — Vast areas of California’s Central Valley are sinking faster than in the past as massive amounts of groundwater are pumped during the historic drought, NASA said in new research released Wednesday.
The research shows that in some places the ground is sinking nearly two inches each month, putting infrastructure on the surface at growing risk of damage. Continue reading
- Gary Devore, writer of Raw Deal and Time Cop, disappeared in June 1997
- He had finished script alleging ulterior motive for US invading Panama
- Body was found a year later in California Aqueduct but raised questions
- His hands were missing from the car, his script was never found
- There was widespread speculation the CIA was connected to his death
- Now a former White House official has confirmed Devore was working with the agency in Panama
- Coroner revealed the hands sent for autopsy were 200 years old
When the skeletal remains of Hollywood screenwriter Gary Devore were found strapped into his Ford Explorer submerged beneath the California Aqueduct in 1998 it brought an end to one of America’s most high profile missing person cases.
The fact that Devore was on his way to deliver a film script that promised to explain the ‘real reason’ why the US invaded Panama, has long given rise to a slew of conspiracies surrounding the nature of his ‘accidental’ death. Continue reading