Civil wars are horrendous and bloody affairs. That’s why we should avoid them. They happen when two sides cannot settle on who runs the country. When they can’t reconcile the matter through elections, the country falls apart. When one side does not accept the election results, we have a countdown to a civil war.
This is the thesis put forth by journalist Daniel Greenfield. It rings true on many levels. Continue reading
Tag Archives: Abraham Lincoln
Russian Official Cancels U.S. Visit, Saying ‘Second American Civil War’ Is Underway
Dmitry Rogozin, the head of Russia’s Roscosmos State Space Corporation, who served as deputy prime minister until May 2017, said Thursday that rising tensions between Republicans and Democrats were leading to a breakdown of U.S. society. This included the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), one of many federal agencies affected by a government shutdown due to an inability for the rival U.S. parties to agree on funding for a border wall proposed by President Donald Trump.
“I think that America is actually engulfed by its second civil war now,” Rogozin told the Rossiya-24 TV channel, as translated by the state-run Tass Russian News Agency. Continue reading
The REAL Russia Scandal
Is Vladimir Putin trying to strengthen the Trump presidency—or weaken it?
Claims that United States President Donald Trump secretly cooperated with Russia to steal the 2016 United States presidential election have been making headlines for over a year. New allegations seem to come out every week, but none of them are backed up by proof against the president.
WikiLeaks published 19,252 e-mails hacked from the accounts of seven key Democratic National Committee staff members on July 22, 2016. These staff members are chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chief executive officer Amy Dacey, chief financial officer Brad Marshall, communications director Luis Miranda, press secretary Mark Paustenbach, broadcast media director Pablo Manriquez and finance director Jordan Kaplan.
The e-mails revealed that under Schultz’s leadership, key officials within the Democratic Party worked to sabotage the presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders so Hillary Clinton would win the party nomination. Many Sanders supporters were outraged. Schultz apologized and resigned in disgrace. Continue reading
Civil War Historian: Election 2016 could lead bloody repeat
Montreat College professor William Forstchen says Election 2016 could lead to another bloody civil war.
- Professor Forstchen specializes in Civil War history.
- Forstchen gave warning on the October 25th edition of “The Jim Bakker Show” during their weeklong, “Ready Now Expo Oct. 2016.”
- Forstchen: “I’m a civil war historian.” The U.S. election of 1860 “is the closest I can parallel this to.”
- “And we all know what the price was. When we went to a civil war, they killed 660,000 young men because we became so divided.”
- Forstchen urged voters to turn out even if they disliked the candidates, because of other US congress races and the Supreme Court appointment.
- Forstchen: “I do believe we are at 1860. We are that close to the edge of the debacle.”
- Baptist pastor Carl Gallups then alluded to false Christian doctrine: “The prophecy clock started ticking” when the modern nation of Israel was established in 1948.
- In 1860: Four candidates received substantive amounts of votes in the U.S. presidential election.
- Abraham Lincoln (39.8 percent), Stephen Douglas (29.5 percent), John Breckinridge (18.1 percent) and John Bell (12.6 percent).
- On December 20, 1860 (44 days after Republican Lincoln was elected): Delegates to a convention in South Carolina unanimously voted to secede from the United States.
- Forstchen has co-authored books with Newt Gingrich.