- MoD could be set to order £228million super missiles to protect Falklands
- They would replace ageing Rapier missile batteries stationed on the island
- New missiles would be able to travel at 1,000 metres per second
- Comes after reports Argentina is looking to strengthen its air force
- MoD say they remain vigilant and committed to the Falkland Islands
The Ministry of Defence are to order £228million of super missiles to protect the Falklands as Argentina seeks to bolster its air force, it has been reported.
The British territory in the South Atlantic is currently protected by ageing Rapier missile batteries.
Last month, it was reported that Argentina was looking to strengthen its air force by leasing attack jets from Russia. Continue reading