In the coming weeks, German users of Facebook will be able to report a story as “fake” to an independent fact-checking organization which may tag it as “disputed,” as a warning to users. The network plans to apply this filtering system in the run-up to Germany’s federal election in September. Facebook is concerned about a new law proposed in Germany to levy a €500,000 ($523,320) fine for every single piece of misinformation published and not removed by the network within 24 hours. Continue reading
Donald Trump understands what has been said all along for years here: The EU is a German project (also with French help) designed for the benefit Germany. It’s taking power once again, but this time through European integration and subjugation of non-compliant EU members. If you’re looking for Nazis, you’re 70 years late to the party. This time it’s different.
Trump, known for parsing through nonsense realizes Germany has anchored Europe, not the other way around as was supposed to be at the end of World War II.
PRESIDENT-elect Donald Trump believes Angela Merkel made “one very catastrophic mistake” with her open-door refugee policy, which has allowed a wave of more than one million migrants into Germany.
He claimed his relationship with Merkel “may not last long at all” as he slammed the German chancellor for allowing the migrant crisis to get out of control.
Mr Trump also hit out at the EU, abelling the crumbling Brussels bloc “a vehicle for Germany” and he suggested more countries will follow Britain’s “smart” decision in voting to leave. Continue reading
‘There are more advantages … to moving forward together than when everyone resolves their problems for themselves’
German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned Saturday against protectionist tendencies of US President-elect Donald Trump, citing lessons learned in the 2008 global financial crash and stressing the need cooperation and united action. Continue reading
DONALD Trump has promised to work quickly with Britain to secure a “quick and proper” trade deal after Brexit, which he predicted would be “great” for the country.
The president-elect said: “Brexit is going to end up being a great thing.
“We’re gonna work very hard to get it done quickly and done properly. Good for both sides.” Continue reading
Monsignor Carlo Liberati, Archbishop Emeritus of Pompeii, said that Islam will soon become Europe’s main religion thanks to the huge number of Muslim migrants alongside the increasing secularism of native Europeans.
Speaking to Italian Catholic journal La Fede Quotidiana, the archbishop said: “In 10 years we will all be Muslims because of our stupidity. Italy and Europe live in a pagan and atheist way, they make laws that go against God and they have traditions that are proper of paganism. Continue reading
- Chancellor says UK will do anything needed to stay competitive post-Brexit
- Suggests corporation tax and red tape could be slashed to lure in business
- Comes as Theresa May prepares to deliver speech setting out Brexit approach
- Jeremy Corbyn accuses government of risking a ‘trade war’ with Europe
Philip Hammond has delivered a stark warning to the EU that Britain will slash taxes and battle for business if the bloc tries to ‘wound’ us in the looming Brexit talks.
The Chancellor said the UK would do whatever it takes to ‘regain competitiveness’ if it is denied a good trade deal.
The threat comes as Theresa May prepares to flesh out her plans for cutting ties with Brussels – making clear that she is ready to leave the European single market and customs union in order to regain control of immigration. Continue reading
ANGELA Merkel has renewed her call for the European Union to have its own army, warning the bloc will not be able to rely on others to guarantee its security with Donald Trump in the White House and Britain set to leave.
The Berlin chief said Brussels will have to take on “more responsibility in the world” as she predicted a cooling in trans-Atlantic ties under the eurosceptic President-elect.
And describing Brexit as “emotional” for her she urged the remaining 27 member states to use Britain’s decision to leave to railroad through ever closer military cooperation. Continue reading
“Now you see it! Now you don’t!” the Super Star Magician recites the magic words, “Allahu Akbar!” (in lieu of “Presto!”).
The Islamic magician, sporting a magnificently bejeweled turban (in lieu of a top hat), and a handlebar moustache (not strictly halal) with lascivious grins, first gropes the prone near-nude form of Europa in its intimate parts to prove to the audience that it is a real person and not a mannequin. Then the lights dim, he waves his baton, and sweeps his cape with its blood red lining before the table, and snaps it once with a deft flick of the wrist. When he jerks the cape away, the table is empty. In fact, the table itself has even disappeared.
How did he do that?? The audience applauds and wonders.
No one suspects that the table and its captive assistant vanished through a stage trapdoor. Continue reading
- For our ambassadors, terrorism does not exist in “Palestine”. They just whisper Quixotically about “the need for security” for Israel.
- The obvious conclusion is that they are just trying to hide their own detestation of Israel behind the Arab one.
- The problem is not Jewish “settlers” in “Palestine”. Before 1967, there were no settlements, then what was the Palestine Liberation Organization “liberating” when it was created in Cairo in 1964? The answer, as the PLO was the first to admit, was “Palestine” — meaning the entire state of Israel, regarded by many Arabs as just one big settlement. Just look any Palestinian map.
- The problem is that these ambassadors are not as dangerous to Israel as they are to Europe and the free world, as they keep on succumbing to the demands of Islam.
Do not forget these names: Yves Aubin de La Messuzière; Denis Bauchard; Philippe Coste; Bertrand Dufourcq; Christian Graeff; Pierre Hunt; Patrick Leclercq; Stanislas de Laboulaye; Jean-Louis Lucet; Gabriel Robin; Jacques-Alain de Sédouy and Alfred Siefer-Gaillardin.
These men are retired French ambassadors. They are apparently well educated, very polite and aristocratic people and they regularly publish op-eds in Le Monde. However, they publish in Le Monde only to threaten Israel. Continue reading
A GUNMAN has opened fire in a Spanish supermarket while shouting “Allahu Akbar”, police have said.
The man was reportedly carrying gasoline and gunpowder in his pockets as he entered the Mercadona shop, in As Lagoas, Ourense.
Numerous shoppers were inside making their purchases when the assailant, who was armed with a shotgun, entered and fired several shots. Continue reading
As foretold on Global Geopolitics many times throughout the years, Europe will make a sharp turn to the right.
MARINE Le Pen has rocketed into the lead in the race to become France’s next president – just months ahead of the country’s general election.
The National Front leader has usurped Conservative candidate Francois Fillon to take the lead according to an Ifop-Fiducial opinion poll.
Le Pen is now leading the polls for the first time after taking advantage of Fillon’s declining popularity among France’s working class voters, according to the survey carried out for French weekly newspaper Paris Match, TV channel iTele and radio station Sud-Radio. Continue reading
The dollar is likely to hit parity with the euro during 2017 driven by diverging paths for interest rates, according to Goldman Sachs’ chief economist.
The Federal Reserve is likely to hike interest rates three times in 2017, pushing it even further from the rate positioning stance of Europe during the course of the year, Jan Hatzius told CNBC at the Goldman Sachs Strategy Conference in London on Monday. Continue reading
Damage control, hibernation and infiltration with the aim of outlasting, influencing and steering… This is exactly what Trump’s opposition is doing. They are entrenching themselves like they did with Ronald Reagan and biding their time, while still being able to complete a few objectives here and there, until he is out of office.
There are two America’s in this case: Globalist and nationalists. George W. Bush, for example was a globalist, as he pushed for a North American Union. Barack Obama on the other hand, for example, pushed TTIP to harmonize business between the EU and America. Donald Trump is a nationalist who wants to bring America back to a sovereign nation status.
When you look at the overall picture, you see that there really is no difference between Republican and Democrat parties. They’re both the same under different names. As was Soviet Russia, and even Russia today. No matter which candidate wins, the KGB gets one of their men in the Kremlin. Donald Trump is the true outsider (or at least he ran under that banner), which is even why his own Republican party tried so feverishly to stop him.
What will be the fate of NAFTA?
As Donald Trump prepares to become U.S. president on Jan. 20, the future of NAFTA is in doubt. He has promised to either renegotiate or withdraw from the trade agreement. Despite the outcome of the 2016 presidential election, there are still many different existing North American integration mechanisms that remain in place. Over the last year, the globalists have quietly laid the foundation to ensure their continental agenda continues. They are positioning themselves so they can try to better influence the new Trump administration in advancing deeper economic, political and security integration in North America. Continue reading
A plot by Iran’s intelligence agencies to assassinate the former head of the Germany-Israel friendship society on German soil has been foiled, German public broadcaster WDR reported Friday. The primary suspect, Pakistani citizen Syed Mustafa, has been arrested and indicted on charges of spying for Iran. Continue reading
- Sharia courts administering Islamic justice in Britain are run by clerics who believe some offenders should have their hands chopped off, according to Muslim scholar Elham Manea. She described the prevailing attitude as “totalitarian” and as more backward than some parts of Pakistan.
- Teaching children fundamental British values is an act of “cultural supremacism,” according to the National Union of Teachers, which wants to replace the concept with one that includes “international rights.”
- More than 100,000 British Muslims sympathize with suicide bombers and people who commit other terrorist acts, according to a 615-page survey. Only one in three British Muslims (34%) would contact the police if they believed that somebody close to them had become involved with radical Islam. In addition, 23% of British Muslims said Islamic Sharia law should replace British law in areas with large Muslim populations.
- Belmarsh maximum-security prison in London has become “like a jihadi training camp,” according to testimony from a former inmate. The government was accused of burying a report on prison extremism. The report warned that staff have been reluctant to tackle Islamist behavior for fear of being labelled “racist.”
- Residents in Manchester received leaflets in their mailboxes, from a Muslim group called “Public Purity,” calling for a public ban on dogs.
- Voter fraud has been deliberately overlooked in Muslim communities because of “political correctness,” according to a government report.
- Police in Telford — dubbed the child sex capital of Britain — were accused of covering up allegations that hundreds of children in the town were sexually exploited by Pakistani sex gangs.
The Muslim population of Britain surpassed 3.5 million in 2016 to become around 5.5% of the overall population of 64 million, according to figures extrapolated from a recent study on the growth of the Muslim population in Europe. In real terms, Britain has the third-largest Muslim population in the European Union, after France, then Germany. Continue reading