Below you will find a roughly-translated article where the same not only happened in Cologne, but also in Hamburg and Stuttgart.
Für die die auf Deutsch lesen können oder will, der originaler Artikel steht ganz unten.
Berlin (AFP) – The German government Tuesday condemned dozens of apparently coordinated sexual assaults against women on New Year’s Eve in the western city of Cologne blamed on Arab men but warned against anti-migrant scapegoating.Justice Minister Heiko Mass called for a thorough investigation of the rash of attacks, ranging from groping to at least one reported rape, allegedly committed in a large crowd of revellers during year-end festivities at the city’s main train station.
“This represents a new dimension of crime that we will have to get to grips with,” he told reporters, adding that the assaults had appeared to be “coordinated”.
Asked by a journalist whether the attackers could have been refugees, Maas said police were still working to identify them.
“This is not about where someone is from but what they did,” he said.
Cologne Mayor Henriette Reker called a crisis meeting with political officials and police Tuesday after the case made national headlines.
Full article: Germany stunned by rash of New Year’s sex assaults (Yahoo!)
Assaults on young women also in Hamburg
Not only in Cologne dozens of women were threatened and sexually harassed in the New Year’s Eve. Also in Hamburg identified the police. Ten ads before lying.
The police in Hamburg had indeed recognized after New Year more than a thousand missions, however, spoke of a peaceful verlaufenen hard. Only gradually the scale of the attacks seems klarzuwerden that there had been in the night on the Reeperbahn and St. Pauli. There young women were similar in Cologne Central Station molested and robbed, apparently by young Arab men. The police in Hamburg talks so far out of ten cases where young women have a complaint. Six indicators were discussed as early as the New Year’s Eve.
The actions of the perpetrators was always the same: women aged 18 to 24 were first verbally, then sexually harassed by the perpetrators. The culprits circled while their victims in groups of various sizes. The women tried to flee, among other things, the bouncers of the bars. Then they realized that their wallets, papers, cash and smart phones had been stolen. Begun had the harassment in the Grosse Freiheit, later it should be arrived at Jungfernstieg to similar incidents in front of a stage.
Witnesses wanted urgently
Whether there are connections to the Cologne events, possibly fixing the offender is just as unclear as the identity of the perpetrators.
The police still has no overview and is urgently looking for witnesses, especially since some of the scenes to have been also photographed. First was only of thefts talk. Apparently, out of shame, the young women had no mention of the sexual assaults. The Landeskriminalamt has taken over the investigation.
The Federal President of the German police union, Rainer Wendt, told the radio station NDR Info, it was stated that the mass raids not to organized crime, but even to “collusion of offenders who use the mass of the people, the darkness and the element of surprise to Indeed, after an undetected again to escape “. Therefore, it would be difficult to convict the individual attacker.
From Stuttgart and Hamburg were such phenomena known Wendt said. He warned that the mood in the society could worsen by these incidents against refugees.
Full article (Auf Deutsch): Übergriffe auf junge Frauen auch in Hamburg (Frankfurter Allgemeine Gesellschaft)