In one of the most chilling segments of this morning’s press conference describing what was found on the cockpit voice recorder, screams were heard from passengers and crew as the realisation of what was about to happen struck them all. Prosecutor Brice Robin’s findings state that when the German Captain left the cockpit – following what appeared to be – the 28-year-old German co-pilot (who was alive to the end) refused to re-open the door and began an “intentional”, “controlled”, and “steady” descent as he “seems to have sought to destroy the plane.” Nothing indicates that this was a terrorist incident.
He said it appeared that the co-pilot’s intention had been “to destroy the aircraft.” He said that the voice recorder showed that the co-pilot had been breathing until before the moment of impact, suggesting that he was conscious and deliberate in his actions. He said that his inquiry had shown that the crash was intentional.
* * *
The descent was not a nose-dive and passengers would have been unaware until the last few minutes that anything was out of order…
The last 30 minutes…
- *ROBIN SAYS INVESTIGATORS HAVE TRANSCRIPT OF LAST 30 MINUTES
- *ROBIN SAYS COMMANDER ASKED CO-PILOT TO TAKE COMMAND
- *ROBIN SAYS COMMANDER LEAVES COCKPIT, LEAVING CO-PILOT
- *CO-PILOT STARTED FLIGHT MONITORING SYSTEM FOR DESCENT: ROBIN
- *DESCENT COULD ONLY HAVE BEEN VOLUNATRY, ROBIN SAYS
- *COPILOT DIDN’T RESPOND TO CALLS TO OPEN DOOR: ROBIN
- *COMMANDER TRIES TO RE-ENTER COCKPIT BUT NOT ABLE: ROBIN
- *CO-PILOT APPEARS TO HAVE REFUSED TO OPEN DOOR FOR PILOT: ROBIN
- *COPILOT WAS ALIVE TO THE VERY END: ROBIN
- *COPILOT’S BREATHING HEARD TO THE VERY END: ROBIN
- *ROBIN SAYS C0-PILOT HAD NORMAL BREATHING, NO SIGN OF ILLNESS
- *CO-PILOT CAN BE HEARD BREATHING RIGHT UP TO FINAL IMPACT: ROBIN
- *FRENCH PROSECUTOR ROBIN SAYS CO-PILOT REFUSED TO OPEN COCKPIT
The WSJ identifies the co-pilot as Andreas Lubitz…
The co-pilot of the Germanwings flight that crashed in the French Alps on Tuesday was Andreas Lubitz, 28, of Montabaur, according to a flight club where he was a member.
The Latest: French prosecutor says passengers on Germanwings flight could be heard screaming just before crash.
Full article: Germanwings Co-Pilot “Deliberately Destroyed” Airplane, Identified As 28-Year Old German Citizen (Zero Hedge)